- 1 long English cucumber or 4 short Middle Eastern cucumbers
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 200g/7oz/scant 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and cooked until tender or 400g/14oz/2 cups tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp verjuice, or lime juice to taste
- 85g/3oz feta cheese or 1/2 recipe quantity Paneer Cheese, crumbled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- warm Thin Flatbread, to serve
- Peel the cucumbers, then use a mandolin or a vegetable peeler to slice them lengthways into thin ribbons.
- Toast the pine nuts in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat for 1–2 minutes until golden and fragrant, shaking the pan often.
- Put the cucumber ribbons, pomegranate seeds, chickpeas, orange zest, mint, chives and toasted pine nuts in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently.
- To make the dressing, put the oil and verjuice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle the salad with feta, drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately with warm Thin Flatbread.
Available from Amazon