In The Know – travel notes from our favourite chefs.
The gorgeous Rachel Allen is one of our favourite TV chefs. She has been cooking up family favourites that we just can’t get enough off for years. She is back with a stunning new book Rachel’s Everyday Kitchen and an accompanying TV series.
The beautiful new book is available now on Amazon.
- What is your favourite city right now? Palma in Majorca.
- Why do you love it? I always associate it with holidays with the family.
- Where do you refuel in the morning? I go for a run with my friend in the mornings, on the beach by our home in Shanagarry, County Cork.
- Tell us a hidden gem? I discovered a shop called The Hambledon in Winchester a couple of years ago, they sell everything from clothes and shoes to divine things for the home.
- Where is the best market? Our local farmers market at Mahon Point in Cork.
- Top street-food eat? I absolutely adored the chicken hearts in Bangkok. They were sweet and sticky.
- Best place for a sunset drink? Our local pub Sean McGrath’s in Ballycotton, County Cork.
- What restaurant do you book every time? Union Square Cafe in New York.
- Best spot for something sweet? The sweet trolley at Ballymaloe House, County Cork.
- What gadget won’t you leave home without? My iPhone.
Want more? Sign up