In The Know – travel notes from our favourite chefs.
Peter Lloyd is the executive chef at the Spice Market Restaurant and W Hotel London. He is a huge fan of SE Asian food and we love his style.
- What is your favourite city right now? Singapore
- Why do you love it? It’s a portal into the history of Asian food culture.
- Where do you refuel in the morning? Ya Kun Kaya Toast on China St. Their Kaya is served with a cup of Hainanese coffee with runny half-boiled eggs and soy sauce.
- Tell us a hidden gem? No Signboard Restaurant in Geylang for beautiful white pepper crab.
- Where is the best market? Little India on Serangoon Road, is a treasure trove of textiles, spices, jewellery and handicrafts.
- Top street-food eat? Stingray Sambal, Carrot Cake and Roti from the hawkers at Makansutra in Gluttons Bay.
- Best place for a sunset drink? Marina Bay Sands top-floor bar.
- What restaurant do you book every time? Waku Ghin by Tetsuya Wakuda. Just for something a little bit special try the 10-course tasting menu including the Marinated Botan Shrimp with Sea Urchin and Caviar.
- Best spot for something sweet? Island Creamery
- What gadget won’t you leave home without? Trip Advisor App
Want more? Sign up