In The Know – travel notes from our favourite chefs.
Omar Allibhoy is the chef and owner of Tapas Revolution in Westfield and Bluewater and his stunning book Tapas Revolution is out now
- What is your favourite city right now? Madrid, my home town
- Why do you love it? 300 days a year of blue sky so Madrileños live their lives in the streets.
- Where do you refuel in the morning? Churros con chocolate at San Gines is a must.
- Tell us a hidden gem? La Daniela for Cocido Madrileño, our most famous dish.
- Where is the best market? Mercado de Ventas, for fresh produce.
- Top street-food eat? A bocadillo, sandwich, filled with Spanish flavours.
- Best place for a sunset drink? Madrid is officially the capital of the fiesta, full stop.
- What restaurant do you book every time? In the barrio La Latina, Juana la loca for their pincho de tortilla.
- Best spot for something sweet? El Horno de San Onofre either in calle Mayor or calle San Onofre.
- What gadget won’t you leave home without? Where Chefs Eat App.
Tapas Revolution by Omar Allibhoy is out now (Ebury Press) £20
Want more? Sign up