In The Know – travel notes from our favourite chefs.
Maria Elia is a chef and writer. Her latest cookbook Smashing Plates, which features stunning Greek and Mediterranean recipes, is out now on Amazon
- What is your favourite city right now? Copenhagen.
- Why do you love it? The people couldn’t be friendlier and the food is divine.
- Where do you refuel in the morning? Coffee Collective serves divine coffee, they have a shop in Jægersborggade
- Tell us a hidden gem? Den røde og, it’s situated in the woods near Copenhagen, a short train journey away from the city centre. Simple gourmet, seasonal food at its best. Sleep off your lunch on the beach or go for a stroll through the forest, horse and carts are available if that sounds too energetic!
- Where is the best market? There’s a fantastic high-end food market at Torvehallerne with over 80 stalls selling an absolute feast for your taste buds!
- Top street-food eat? Anything from the market at Torvehallerne.
- Best place for a sunset drink? Manfreds in Jægersborggade.
- What restaurant do you book every time? Radio, where I had an incredible tasting menu.
- Best spot for something sweet? Any Danish Baker.
- What gadget won’t you leave home without? My iPhone.
Want more? Sign up