In The Know – travel notes from our favourite chefs.
Jo Wheatley was the winner of the Great British Bake Off in 2011 and her book Home Baking is out now.
- What is your favourite city right now? London (followed closely by NY and Barcelona)
- Why do you love it? I love the eclectic foods and the fact that it’s so alive.
- Where do you refuel in the morning? When I’m in town I love Del Aziz in Clapham.
- Tell us a hidden gem? The Ship in Wandsworth, the food is always amazing and the service is second to none.
- Where is the best market? Spitalfields is always great fun.
- Top street-food eat? I had a fab katsu curry in Covent Garden.
- Best place for a sunset drink? Heron Tower
- What restaurant do you book every time? Roka in Canary Wharf, I especially love the lamb cutlets.
- Best spot for something sweet? My Kitchen! Nothing beats a homemade cake.
- What gadget? Lonely Planet
Want more? Sign up